Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Trip.... Part 1

Sorry this is long overdue.  I have no valid excuse unless you count taking 15 credits and I barely have time to sleep let alone blog.  So a little about my trip out east.  My Mom and I left at around 6 am on the 4th of August.  The first couple of hours were nice the traffic light and if you could ignore the semi trucks not too bad.  Then we hit Wyoming and we were stuck on I-80 for approximately 2 hours.  Mom had a blast telling everyone about where we were going and why.  As much as I appreciate her being proud of me, it was a little embarrassing. After that we encountered rain and as we drove into Nebraska we drove along the storm front there was a clear line of sunshine on one side and dark clouds and lightning on the other side.  It was gorgeous.  I will try to post a picture.  Wyoming was pretty very hilly and Nebraska was flat and featured corn lots and lots of corn.  There were also quite a few wind turbines, Mom found that very interesting.  By the end of the day we were ready to get to the hotel.  We were so excited because we thought  that we would be reaching the hotel by 7pm.  Just before we get to North Platte we passed a sign telling us we were entering a new time zone and lost an hour.  I wasn't happy but we were both just grateful to have day one over with out many problems.  Mom thought the Hotel was fine it was call Oak Tree Inn.  I didn't like it.  I thought the hotel smelled funny, had funky green carpeting and was too humid.   Stay tuned for Part 2 hopefully soon.

No comments: